Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link & purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
[UPDATED JUNE 2023]
Hey there, fellow dog owners! Are you tired of seeing your pup panting and pacing back and forth miserably during these scorching temps?
We all know how distressing it can be to watch our furry friends struggle to find relief from the heat.
Well, fret no more! I’ve got the perfect solution for you – cooling beds for dogs.
These innovative beds are designed to provide cooling relief and comfort to our canine companions during those hot days of summer!
In this article, we’ll reveal the 7 best cooling beds that will turn your dog’s misery into pure bliss!
So, let’s get ready to discover the perfect oasis of coolness for your pup.
Factors To Consider When Choosing A Cooling Bed
Before we reveal the top cooling beds for dogs, let’s take a moment to explore the key factors that you should consider when selecting the perfect cooling bed for your pup.
1. Size and Dimensions:
Make sure the cooling bed is big enough to allow your dog to spread out comfortably. Also, consider the weight limit to support your dog’s size and breed.
Choosing the right size cooling bed makes all the difference! It will ensure that your dog’s body temperature cools off effectively.
A bed that is too small will slow the rate at which your dog cools off.
2. Material and Construction:
Look for materials like mesh or elevated designs that provide all-around airflow.
Check for durable and pet-friendly materials that can hold up to pawing, scratching, or digging.
Reinforced stitching and seams will ensure durability, and choosing beds made from non-toxic materials will ensure your pup’s safety.
3. Cooling Mechanism:
Cooling beds come in various styles and designs, each featuring a unique cooling mechanism.
- Gel-infused beds provide cooling relief by absorbing and dissipating heat.
- Water-filled beds use water circulation to maintain a cool surface.
- Elevated beds raise your dog up off the floor and use breathable mesh fabric to promote air circulation all around your dog, keeping him cool.
4. Ease of Cleaning and Maintenance:
Most of the cooling mats available are easy to clean by wiping with a damp cloth.
Elevated beds can be sprayed off with a hose to clean them.
The best orthopedic cooling beds will have a removable outer cover that can be machine washed, as well as a waterproof inner liner to protect the bed.
5. Additional Features:
- Portability: If you travel frequently, a lightweight and easy-to-fold cooling bed is ideal.
- Orthopedic Support: If your dog has joint issues, look for beds with memory foam or orthopedic features to provide comfort and support.
- Non-Slip Base: Choose a bed that has a non-slip bottom to prevent sliding on smooth surfaces.
Prioritize beds made from non-toxic and pet-friendly materials to ensure the safety of your dog.
Look for beds with durable construction, and free from any small parts that could pose a choking hazard.
Consider beds with non-skid bottoms to prevent any slipping or sliding around on smooth floors.
Additionally, when choosing an orthopedic cooling bed, look for one with a removable and washable cover to allow for easy cleaning. This promotes a hygienic sleeping environment for your dog.
Best Cooling Beds For Dogs: Top 7 Picks
I’ve rounded up the ultimate selection of cooling beds for dogs, ensuring your pup stays cool, comfortable, and well-rested, even during the hottest days!
Here are my top 7 picks.
1. Coolaroo Original Elevated Pet Bed
(Best Cooling Bed To Promote Airflow)
The Coolaroo Original Elevated Pet Bed is a top contender when it comes to cooling beds for dogs.
This bed offers a unique combination of comfort, durability, and excellent airflow.
It raises your dog up off the ground by over 7 inches, allowing air to circulate all around your dog’s body.
The lightweight but sturdy steel frame provides stability and supports dogs of various sizes, up to 100 pounds.
The elevated design allows for proper ventilation, keeping your pup cool even on the hottest days. Plus, it helps minimize sore pressure points by keeping your pup off the hard floor.
Made from high-quality breathable fabric, it is resistant to mold, mildew, and odor.
The Coolaroo bed assembles in minutes, can be used both indoors or outdoors, and can be sprayed off with a garden hose when dirty.
With its easy-to-clean and low-maintenance construction, the Coolaroo Original Elevated Pet Bed is an excellent choice for dog owners wanting a cooling bed with plenty of versatility.
- Over 7 inches of elevation.
- Made of breathable high-density polyethylene fabric.
- Flea, mite, mold, & mildew resistance.
- Durable powder-coated alloy steel frame.
- Suitable for dogs up to 100 lbs.
- Lightweight & portable.
- Indoor & outdoor use.
- Easy to clean.
- Quick assembly.
- 100% recyclable lead & phthalate-free fabric, safe for your dog & the environment.
- Limited 1-Year Warranty, on UV degradation.
- Various sizes & colours.
- Replacement covers can be purchased.
- Provides excellent airflow, keeping your dog’s body temperature regulated.
- Helps prevent and heal hot spots by allowing air to circulate and provide proper ventilation.
- A versatile bed that can easily be used both inside and outside, great for camping, at the cottage, hotel, or overnight in a kennel.
- It’s easy and quick to assemble.
- The durable materials and construction ensure this bed will withstand regular use for a long time.
- It may take some time for your dog to get used to the elevated style.
- The fabric is rough to the touch. You may need to put a blanket on it to make it cozier.
- Leaving it out in the rain or cleaning it with a hose too often will cause the screws to rust.
- The limited warranty does not cover the frame or the fabric cover.
2. Chillz Dog Cooling Mat
(Best Portable Cooling Bed)
The Chillz Dog Cooling Mat is a fantastic choice for dog owners who want the convenience of being able to take this mat anywhere to keep their furry friend cool and comfortable.
This innovative cooling mat uses patented pressure-activated gel technology to cool and soothe your dog on contact for up to 3 hours.
The special gel formula automatically recharges after 15-20 minutes of non-use, for continuous cooling.
There is no water, electricity, or refrigeration required.
Not only will your pup feel relief from the heat, but he’ll also enjoy relief from any muscle and joint pain. It’s a great option for seniors, or dogs suffering from mobility issues, arthritis, or joint pain.
The mat is made from a durable and puncture-resistant material, so there’s no need to worry about your dog scratching at it or putting a hole in it with his nails.
Its lightweight and foldable design makes it easy to carry and store. Perfect for home use or on-the-go adventures.
Use it in the car, crate, on the floor, on your dog’s bed, sofa, kennel, or outside in the shade.
The Chillz Dog Cooling Mat is safe for pets, humans, and the environment. It’s filled with non-toxic gel.
- Pressure-activated gel technology.
- Provides up to 3 hrs. of cooling relief.
- Recharges after 15-20 minutes of non-use.
- Lightweight & portable.
- Versatile & multi-use.
- Easy to clean, wipe with a damp cloth.
- Offers relief from heat, muscle & joint pain.
- Available in 3 sizes, medium, large, & x-large.
- Provides instant cooling relief once your dog comes in contact with it.
- Owners love the versatility of this mat. It can be used in so many places.
- So easy to use, just unfold it and lay it down.
- Dogs love the cooling relief, once they get used to it and realize it cools them off.
- Provides cushioning and keeps your dog comfortable and cool. Better than a hard floor.
- With proper care, it lasts a long time. Storing the mat in its plastic bag while not in use will help make it last.
- Wipes clean with a damp cloth.
- Not ideal for tough chewers who may puncture a hole in it. Close supervision is a must if your dog tends to chew, to avoid any ingestion of the gel.
- The large size is not big enough for some dogs, one reviewer mentioned it wasn’t big enough for his Golden Retriever. (The mat is now available in XL, to accommodate bigger dogs. Another option is to get 2 mats.)
- A few owners mentioned the mat developed thick creases over time, and the gel turned to hard plastic. It is important to store the mat in its plastic case to increase its lifespan.
3. Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed With Cooling Gel
(Best Cooling Bed With Orthopedic Support)
The Sealy Lux Dog Bed combines orthopedic support, comfort, and cooling relief all in one. It’s a fantastic bed for dogs who want cushioning support and cooling comfort year-round.
This bed features a four-layer construction that includes a cooling gel layer, high-density foam, orthopedic memory foam, and a pro-charcoal base to help absorb odors.
Here’s a look at each unique layer and its benefit:
Cooling Energy Gel: Helps regulate your dog’s body temperature, keeping heat away from the sleeping surface.
Pet Rest Memory Foam: Conforms to your dog’s body, and increases circulation.
Bio-Orthopedic Foam: Evenly distributes your dog’s weight, and eliminates pressure points.
Pro-Charcoal Foam Base: Absorbs odors and provides an extra layer of support.
With its combination of cooling properties and orthopedic support, the Sealy Lux Dog Bed is a top choice for giving your beloved canine the ultimate restful experience they deserve.
- Quad layered foam.
- Orthopedic support.
- Cooling energy gel.
- Absorbs odors.
- The removable cover is machine washable.
- Waterproof inner liner.
- Hidden zippers.
- Non-slip bottom.
- Available in various sizes & colours.
- 1 Year Warranty on foam.
- This dog bed is durable and well-made, worthy of the Sealy name.
- There is no smell at all to this bed, unlike some beds that give off a chemical smell.
- There is no need to sacrifice comfort and support when the temperatures rise. Dogs who need orthopedic support can stay comfortable and cool.
- The removable cover is easy to clean and can be machine washed.
- Features a waterproof inner liner to protect the bed from spills and messes.
- The bolsters on the back and sides offer head and neck support.
- Hair and dirt easily stick to the cover.
- Some owners wish they would have ordered a larger size to allow their dogs to stretch out.
- A few owners mentioned that the cover is loud, and every time their dog moves around they can hear it.
- The bolsters tend to sag, and many wish that they were higher.
4. Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed
(Best Elevated Cooling Bed For Large Breeds)
The Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed comes in a variety of sizes that can accommodate breeds up to 150 pounds, making it an ideal choice for large breeds.
This elevated bed raises your dog off the floor by 8 inches, providing excellent airflow to keep your pup cool and comfortable even on the hottest days.
Elevated beds are ideal for dogs suffering from muscle or joint issues, as it keeps them off the hard floor and provides relief from aching joints.
If your dog suffers from hot spots, an elevated bed will speed up healing as it allows for proper ventilation and airflow.
This bed features a sturdy metal frame with non-slip feet to ensure stability. The cover is made of Teslin mesh fabric which is durable and breathable.
With its easy assembly and portable design, the Bedsure Elevated Dog Bed stands out as a convenient option for both indoor and outdoor use.
- Breathable & durable Teslin mesh fabric is rip-resistant.
- Sturdy metal frame holds up to 150 lbs. (XL size).
- Versatile & waterproof, great for indoor or outdoor use.
- Portable & lightweight.
- Assembles in minutes, 4 screws and Allen key included.
- Elevates 8″ off the ground.
- Easy to clean, just spray off with a hose.
- Screws will not rust.
- Non-skid rubber feet protect your floors.
- The fabric resists rips and tears, and the frame is durable.
- Can easily be cleaned by wiping or spraying with a garden hose.
- The frame and screws are rust-resistant.
- Excellent price point compared to similar beds.
- Keeps dogs off the ground and out of the dirt. It’s ideal for camping or going to the beach.
- Easy to assemble, and comes with everything you need to put it together.
- There are no replacement covers to purchase.
- Some owners mention that their dogs easily chewed the mesh. It’s not ideal for heavy chewers or teething puppies.
- No mention of a warranty.
- Some owners had a difficult time assembling this bed as the instructions were pictures only.
5. Dogbed4less Orthopedic Gel Infused Cooling Memory Foam Bed
(Best Gel-Infused Memory Foam Bed)
The Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed is a fantastic choice for dog owners seeking the perfect blend of comfort, support, and cooling properties.
With its gel-infused memory foam, it regulates your dog’s body temperature all year long, keeping your pup cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
This bed is made of a solid 4″ thick non-toxic therapeutic grade memory foam to provide your dog with ultimate comfort and support.
The high-density memory foam provides long-lasting support that won’t flatten over time, ensuring your dog’s comfort for years to come.
There are no bolsters on this bed, making it the perfect resting retreat for dogs who love to stretch out.
With its durable construction, washable and removable cover, and a range of sizes available, the Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Bed is a top choice for year-round comfort.
- Solid 4″ thick cooling gel-infused memory foam.
- Orthopedic support.
- Increases circulation.
- Hypo-allergenic memory foam resists mold, mildew, dust mites, & bacteria.
- Removable & washable micro-suede outer cover.
- The outer cover is dirt, stain, & wrinkle-resistant.
- Waterproof inner cover.
- Strong zippers in a gusset style, with double stitching for extra durability.
- 30-day money-back return policy.
- Dogs can stretch out on this bed thanks to its large size and no bolsters.
- The memory foam is solid and 4 inches thick, unlike other memory foam beds that use shredded foam.
- Dog owners appreciate how durable and well-made this bed is, and the fact that it maintains its shape and support over time.
- The orthopedic design and high-density foam provides relief for dogs with joint or muscle issues.
- The outer cover is durable and withstands numerous washings.
- Although the internal cover appears thin, it’s 100% waterproof and protects the bed.
- Not an ideal bed for heavy chewers, or dogs who tend to dig and scratch. The outer cover could easily be damaged.
- A few owners mentioned that the zipper broke on the inner waterproof cover. Perhaps a design flaw.
6. K&H Pet Products Dog Cool Bed III
(Best Water Cooled Cooling Bed)
The Dog Cool Bed III by K&H Pet Products differs from the other cooling beds we’ve listed here so far, as it uses water to cool your dog.
It’s super easy to use, you simply fill it with water and let the bed naturally do its job of keeping your dog cool. No electricity or chemicals are needed.
Water naturally extracts heat, and The Cool Bed III uses this natural energy to keep your dog cool and comfortable.
The water-saturated Cool Core inside this cooling mat absorbs the body heat of your dog and releases it into the air.
This cooling bed provides your dog with a permanent cool spot to lay inside or outside, in temperatures under 95 degrees Fahrenheit.
The amount of water that you put in determines the cooling and cushioning of the mat.
It is recommended to put 4-6 gallons of water in the large-sized bed. It features an easy-fill cap and a valve that allows you to adjust the comfort level.
This mat only needs to be filled once, and will never dry out, unlike some mats that use gel.
To clean the exterior you just wipe it with a damp cloth. It is recommended to add grapefruit seed extract to the water to prevent bacterial growth.
The bed can be stored full or empty, and it folds up for easy travel.
The exterior is made of durable nylon/vinyl, and the bed comes with a 2-Year Limited Warranty.
To get the most cooling ability out of this bed, it is best to keep it out of direct sunlight and use it in shady areas outside or on cool floor surfaces inside.
- Durable nylon/vinyl exterior.
- Simply fill it with water, no need to refill it.
- No weight limit, great for dogs of all sizes.
- Indoor/Outdoor use.
- Easy to clean, just wipe with a damp cloth.
- Never dries out.
- It provides relief from the heat and provides cushioning for sore joints.
- 2-Year Limited Warranty.
- No electricity is required.
- BPA-free & no toxic gel.
- Keeps dogs cool and comfortable.
- Only needs to be filled once with water. Fill it until the desired cushioning is reached.
- It provides more cushioning than a gel-filled mat.
- Never dries out.
- Owners with large dogs that are 90 Lbs and up love this mat. It provides plenty of cushioning and support.
- It is a water bed, which means you cannot place it near any sharp objects or it will puncture.
- This bed is heavy once it is filled, making it hard to move.
- Heavy chewers could puncture a hole and cause the bed to leak.
7. Arf Pets Dog Cooling Mat
(Best Solid Gel Cooling Mat)
The Arf Pets Dog Cooling Mat is a great choice if you’re looking for a reliable and convenient cooling solution for your dog.
This mat uses solid gel to keep your dog cool and comfortable on hot days or after physical activity.
It is designed to absorb and regulate your dog’s body temperature to provide cooling relief for up to 3 hours.
After 15-20 minutes of non-use, this mat automatically recharges itself to provide continuous cooling.
It works on its own without the use of electricity, batteries, water, or refrigeration, making it a low-maintenance and convenient option.
The Arf Pets Dog Cooling Mat is lightweight, folds easily, and is great for travel.
It’s made from 100% non-toxic material, making it safe for pets, kids, and adults to use.
The durable nylon exterior is puncture-resistant, ensuring it will last for many years.
Clean-up is a breeze as well, simply wipe it clean with mild soap and water and let it dry.
- Solid gel cooling mat, provides 3hrs. of cooling.
- Automatically recharges after 15-20min. of non-use.
- Lightweight folds easily.
- Great for travel.
- Indoor & outdoor use.
- Puncture-resistant nylon exterior.
- Easy to clean.
- Non-toxic & latex free.
- It is a solid gel mat, meaning it will not leak or bunch up.
- Offers more support and is thicker than other gel mats.
- Folds up nicely and is easy to store.
- Works great even after a year or longer.
- It works quickly to cool your dog off and automatically recharges itself.
- Provides cushioning support and is better than laying on a hard floor surface.
- The smooth surface of this mat can be slippery. Older dogs need to be careful.
- Some rare complaints about the durability of this mat were from owners with heavy chewers. Close supervision is a must when using this mat for a determined chewer.
The following are some of the most frequently asked questions dog owners have about cooling beds.
If you have any additional questions, please leave them in the comments below.
1. Do Cooling Mats For Dogs Really Work?
Yes, cooling mats for dogs effectively provide cooling relief from the heat.
These mats are specifically designed with cooling mechanisms like gel-infused materials or water circulation to absorb and dissipate heat, providing a comfortable and cool surface for your dog.
Choosing a high-quality cooling mat that’s appropriate for your dog’s size will be the most effective.
2. How Do Cooling Beds Work?
Cooling beds for dogs come in different styles and use different cooling mechanisms such as gel-infused technology, water circulation, or elevated design featuring breathable mesh fabric.
Let’s look at how each one works:
Water or Gel-Filled Beds: These beds absorb heat and release it into the air. They’re cooler than your dog’s body temperature and they work at wicking heat away from your dog, keeping him cool.
Elevated Beds: These beds raise your dog off the floor and use breathable mesh fabric to promote air circulation, keeping your dog’s body temperature regulated.
Orthopedic Beds With Cooling Gel: These beds are infused with cooling gel to pull heat away from your dog’s body, resulting in a sound quality of sleep year-round.
3. How Long Can A Dog Stay On A Cooling Mat?
The duration that a dog can stay on a cooling mat will depend on the specific mat and its design.
Most cooling mats will stay cool for up to 3 hours, providing your pup with cooling relief. Additionally, most of the cooling mats will automatically recharge after 15-20 minutes of non-use, ensuring continuous cooling.
4. What Are The Benefits Of Cooling Beds For Dogs?
- Temperature Regulation: Cooling beds help regulate your dog’s body temperature, keeping them cool and comfortable, especially during hot weather or warm indoor conditions.
- Joint and Muscle Relief: The cool surface of a cooling bed can provide soothing relief to sore joints and muscles, as well as provide a supportive resting place.
- Reduced Heat-Related Risks: Cooling beds can help prevent your dog from overheating or becoming dehydrated, by providing a cool surface to lay on. When dogs become overheated, they pant in order to cool themselves, and all that panting can lead to dehydration.
- Improved Sleep Quality: The comfortable and cooling sleep surface provides your dog with restful sleep. Your pup will wake up refreshed and recharged.
- Versatility: Most cooling beds are designed to be lightweight and portable. Meaning your dog can enjoy them anywhere, in the car, crate, or while camping.
- Saves You Money: A cooling bed will save you money on your energy bill. Instead of running the air conditioner or turning on a fan to cool down your overheated dog, you could invest in a cooling bed.
These benefits make cooling beds a valuable investment for dogs, ensuring their well-being, and comfort, and promoting overall health.
5. Are Cooling Beds Suitable For All Dog Breeds?
Yes, cooling beds are generally suitable for all dog breeds. Be sure to take into consideration your dog’s specific needs and preferences when choosing a cooling bed.
Double-coated breeds, seniors, puppies, and brachycephalic breeds, are the most susceptible to overheating and suffering from heatstroke.
A cooling bed will benefit these dogs the most by keeping their body temperatures regulated.
It’s important to select a cooling bed that’s suitable for your dog’s size, promotes airflow, and provides a cool and comfortable resting experience.
DIY Cooling Bed For Dogs
Want to keep your dog cool on a budget? You can easily make your own dog cooling bed at home with just a few items.
Check out this short video to find out how.
That wraps up my review of the best cooling beds for dogs. It’s clear that keeping our furry friends cool and comfortable when the temperatures soar is a top priority!
By considering factors like size, material, cooling mechanism, and safety, you’ll be able to find the perfect cooling bed for your pup.
The top 7 picks we’ve explored provide a range of options to suit your dog’s needs and preferences.
Whether it’s an elevated bed that promotes airflow, a cooling mat, or an orthopedic bed with cooling gel, your pup will feel blissfully chilled and refreshed.
These cooling beds offer plenty of versatility, allowing you to take them wherever your dog goes.
So, say goodbye to the dog days of summer, and hello to a cool and relaxed pup.
Has your dog tried any of these cooling beds? Share your thoughts and comments below. I would love to hear from you!
Looking for more ways to beat the heat with your dog this summer? Check out my review of the best dog pools.
I am the proud owner of a Golden Retriever named Ellie. She keeps me busy, and when she is resting, you can find me working on my blog. She is always close by though. I live in Stirling, ON Canada with my husband, and we both enjoy the never a dull moment life with our Ellie.
22 thoughts on “7 Best Cooling Beds For Dogs [Keeping Your Hot Dog Chilled!]”
I really wish I would’ve found this post sooner. It’s been so hot lately (regardless that I live on an island where it’s basically hot all year long), I have yet to try one of these cooling beds because I honestly thought that they were not going to do their specific function. I’m glad to have come around this piece and might as well get my pup, Olivia, one of these cooling beds.
It has definitely been hot this summer! We are feeling the heat here in Canada as well, especially my Golden Retriever who prefers winter!
Cooling beds really do work, they do a great job of quickly cooling down your dog. I am sure Olivia would enjoy one of these cooling beds to beat the heat! Many people actually use a dog cooling bed for themselves too! Why not?!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts,
I am so pleased I found your site! I have a Neo Mastiff named Bear! He doesn’t cope too well in the heat! He has an innerspring mattress dog bed. But in the summer he favours the garage floor and I guess that’s because it’s cooler!
I am seriously thinking about the Chillz Pressure Activated Gel Cooling Mat. Now that many of the Covid restrictions have been lifted. We’re thinking about taking a family vacation this summer. The only concern I have about this dog cooling bed is the size. Bear is 70 kg lol! I was wondering if you had any idea as to whether I could potentially join 2 together?
Thank you so much Jenny for your reviews as I always have trouble buying things for Bear! Lol
A family vacation sounds nice, especially after all we have been through with Covid!
One of the cons listed for the Chillz Pressure Mat was that the large size was not large enough for a Golden Retriever.
I honestly believe that the Arf Pets Solid gel Cooling Mat would be the best option for your dog Bear. It is a solid gel, meaning it won’t spread out thin. It will keep its thickness and cooling ability.
You could absolutely put 2 of these mats together, I wouldn’t suggest sewing them or anything like that, but perhaps tape them together with duct tape? Or just lay them down together for your dog to enjoy.
I can imagine the difficulty buying things for large/xl dogs, so many items are geared towards small dogs.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I hope you enjoy your family vacation!
These products are amazing! It will be very hard to choose the best one for my dog.. I’ve got a little pincher. Very active and doesn’t lie down that much. But in the summer temperatures get up to 44°C here. I was also wondering, as dogs probably also have their own inner regulator when it comes down to temperatures. Is it good for them to cool down with an aid?
Great question. Many dogs become uncomfortable when it gets hot outside. They will pant in order to cool themselves off, panting does eventually cool them off but it takes a long time. All of that panting can lead to dehydration. A cooling bed is helpful because it allows your dog to cool off quickly, reducing all of that panting and making your dog much more comfortable.
Cooling beds that are infused with cooling gel or water work to absorb the heat away from your dog’s body and release it into the air. Once your dog is cooled off and comfortable, he/she will likely move to another spot. This is when the cooling bed recharges itself.
An elevated bed works differently by raising your dog off the floor and allowing air to flow all around your dog’s body. Heat is able to escape from your dog, keeping his body temperature regulated.
I hope this has answered your question. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
We recently adopted a new family member. A beautiful Golden Retriever. Her name is Zoey. She was abused and neglected by her first human. She was kept in an unheated and dark barn for her first two years. She had very little human contact and competed for food with many other unfortunate dogs. All of which have found their own forever homes. But this girl gets overheated even on the coldest of days. We know that shaving is not an option for a Golden, so we were looking into cooling mats. Your research into this subject was so informative and well done. We looked into your number one choice and ordered one. We just wanted to reach out and thank you. Most importantly…Zoey thanks you as well. 🙂
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your story. As a loving dog owner to a Golden Retriever, I just cannot understand how someone can treat such a loving dog so horribly! Unfortunately, it happens all the time and it is so heartbreaking. I am so happy that you have been able to provide a loving environment to Zoey, you will be able to share many wonderful and happy moments with her and she will provide you with so much love and joy. Golden Retrievers are such great dogs.
I am glad to hear that my review of cooling beds has been helpful to you. I am sure that Zoey will find relief and comfort in her new cooling mat.
Thank you again for taking the time to comment. I wish you and Zoey all the best.
I appreciate this. This is very educative and timely. You are right; the temperature is on the rise. I have a Lhasa apso dog, that has become an important ‘member’ of the family for the past three years. I have not been paying much attention to this. The dog lies always on the bare floor, I guess his fur is helping in this regard. I would need to get him a cooling bed in this regards. I’m rooting for the elevated dog bed by Paws and Pals. My dog weighs less than 16 pounds and he has become an important member of the family that travels with us.
Thank you for commenting. Dogs quickly become an important part of the family, and we always want what is best for them. The elevated dog bed by Paws and Pals would be a great choice for your dog. As I mentioned in my review this bed is ideal for small to medium sized dogs. Your dog would enjoy the air flow all around, and it would certainly keep him cool. This bed is great for travel too, as it is lightweight.
All the best,
In the first instance after seeing the title of your post, I first wondered to myself, why would a dog need a cooling bed? (smiles) but after reading your article I have really been convinced that our pet dogs really need cooling beds indeed. I think among all the cooling beds you listed, my most preferred is “Sealy Lux Quad Layer Orthopedic Dog Bed With Cooling Gel” based on its head and neck support features. This post has really been informative and educative. Thanks.
There are many people that would have the same thought as you, why would a dog need a cooling bed? A dog wears a fur coat all year round, and in the hotter months dogs really suffer and overheat quickly. They pant in order to cool themselves off, and all that panting causes dehydration.
Cooling beds are a great way to regulate your dog’s body temperature. Many people don’t have air conditioning, and temperatures really soar. A cooling bed offers relief from the heat, and provides cushioning support to senior dogs, and dogs who suffer from joint issues.
Your preferred bed is the Sealy one, which is an orthopedic cooling bed. I like this one too, because it is great for all year long. This bed keeps your dog cool in the summer and warm in the winter. It offers plenty of support and cushioning, and the bolsters are great for head and neck support.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Thanks for sharing this article on the 7 best cooling beds for a dog. I must say that your article is really informative and rich in information needed on how to give comfort to my dog. Dogs are amazing pets and they are to be cared for as spring is here. All the listed cooling beds are nice but I think The Green Pet Shop Dog Cooling Mat is appealing to me because it is lightweight, and folds easily, making it ideal for travel and also price is affordable. This article is really informative. I have bookmarked this page for further reading. Thanks for sharing this article.
Thank you for taking the time to comment. Many people love The Green Pet Shop Dog Cooling Mat, for the same reasons that you mentioned. It is very convenient for travel, and it is at an affordable price point. Dogs deserve the very best, and when the temperatures get hot and uncomfortable for them, it is up to us to make their lives more comfortable.
I absolutely love what I read in this insightful article because it is full of great information. This is fascinating and interesting to me. I’m a big fan of dogs, dogs deserve to be treated in a good way. This article highlighted different types of cooling beds and what we should consider when selecting a bed for our dog.
The Green Pet Shop Dog Cooling Mat is my choice of mat for my dog. Love its features and read through its pros and cons. Thanks for this educative review. Regards
I am so glad you found my review helpful when choosing a cooling bed for your dog. The Green Pet Shop Dog Cooling Mat is a great choice. It is definitely a popular one, and many dog owners love it.
Thanks for your comment.
I like this, I like anything that can help make my pet’s life more comfortable, they are very loyal and we need to give back the love they give to us.
After reading about some of the benefits of a cooling bed, I think it is a big necessity for all dogs, especially during this hot season.
Number 2 is my favorite, It just looks much more comfortable.
Thanks for this awesome review.
I was wondering is there some type of food that is best for dogs during hot season ?
Thanks for taking the time to comment. A cooling bed is very beneficial to not only dogs but to cats too. I am glad you enjoyed my review. To answer your question, there is no particular food that is best for dogs during the hot season. Some dogs tend to lose their appetite, or not eat as much when it is so hot outside. It is important to keep your dog comfortable and cool during the hotter temperatures, and have plenty of fresh cool water available. There are many frozen treats that you can offer your dog in the summer, many of them you can make yourself. There are many dog friendly recipes available on the internet, Pinterest has some great ideas as well.
I hope this helps you out.
This is an outstanding article! I’m no longer a pet / dog owner but EVERY friend I have is! I will certainly be directing them to your site.
While reading your article I was also trying to decide which bed would be preferable and was leaning strongly toward the elevated beds. What an awesome idea – especially considering the heat we typically have here in the mid-west so I was a little surprised when the winner was the Arf Pets self cooling mat. However, after a second reading you make a sound argument and I would have to agree. Good air circulation is only one factor. A mat that is easy to clean, comfortable and portable is a combination not easily found!
Thank you for sharing this awesome information and should I decide to become a dog owner again, I know where to find the latest and most practical information!
I am glad you enjoyed my article. Elevated beds are certainly a great choice, and many of them can easily be folded up and taken with you when you travel. They are easy to clean too, you just spray them with a hose.
I chose the Arf Pets self cooling mat as the winner because of its cooling power and the fact that it is a solid gel mat, and lasts a long time. Any of the beds that I have reviewed would be a great choice, but every dog is different, and will have their preferred bed for keeping cool.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
I am super excited that I came across your site. We have our first dog, and there are a million things that I have no idea about when it comes to dogs. Thank God for the internet, it’s an absolutely wonderful tool and finding sites like yours with great information is amazing. I honestly did not know that you shouldn’t shave a dog’s fur in the summer, and I never heard of a cooling bed. I can see why they are necessary. Thank you for the best cooling beds for dogs review!
As a first time dog mom myself, I have learned so much! There is a wealth of knowledge on the internet, as well as a lot of misleading information. That is why I created this site, to help other first time dog owners with the many struggles and challenges that I have come across.
So many dog owners think they are doing their dog a favour by shaving their fur in the summer. This actually does more harm to the dog, especially if the dog has a double-coat. I hope you were able to check out my article on why shaving a dog is a bad idea. If not here is the link again. Grooming A Golden Retriever In The Summer – What Not To Do.
Cooling beds are really great for dogs, they offer cushioning and support to the dog instead of laying on the hard floor, and they keep them cool.
I am glad you enjoyed my review, and thank you for commenting.