Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link & purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
[UPDATED NOVEMBER 2022]
Are you looking for the best chew proof dog beds? You’ve come to the right place!
I’m sure you’re fed up with spending oodles of money on dog beds that claim to be “tough” and “chew proof”, only to have them ripped and chewed to pieces by your dog!
Not all dog beds are created equal!
The best chew proof dog beds are made of durable materials with reinforced seams. They should not have any exposed zippers, Velcro, or edges that your dog can chew on.
Plus, they should be backed by a warranty to protect your investment!
The good news is, that the beds listed below meet these criteria.
Let’s get to it!
7 Best Chew Proof Dog Beds
Whether you have a teething puppy or an adult dog that tends to gnaw and chew on its bed, you’ll find a great bed that will put up a fight below!
1. PetFusion PuppyChoice Bed
(Best Choice For Puppies, & Crates)
PetFusion is well-known for making high-quality, durable dog beds, and the Puppychoice Bed is no exception!
Not only does this bed provide cushioning comfort, but its strong fabric and design make this bed more durable than other crate pads on the market!
The thick solid high-density foam supports your dog’s joints, while the side bolsters offer head and neck support.
Overall, your pup will experience improved mobility, energy and health.
Ideal for use in crates, this bed fits standard-sized crates, including 1 and 2-door designs.
Or, use it as a standalone bed, the non-skid bottom prevents it from sliding around.
With an inner waterproof liner and water-resistant outer cover, you can feel good knowing that this bed is protected from any spills or messes.
Plus, the outer cover is machine-washable and easily removed by hidden zippers.
PetFusion directly states that this bed is not “puppy proof”, and that no bed is, but because of its high-density foam, tough fabric and waterproof liner, it is stronger than other beds on the market.
This bed comes with a 1-Year Warranty.
- Durable crate pad or standalone bed.
- Thick solid high-density foam base & bolsters.
- Foam thickness: 1.2″ – 1.75″ depending on the size of the bed.
- Waterproof inner lining.
- Water-resistant outer microsuede cover.
- The removable cover can be machine-washed.
- Non-skid bottom.
- Side handle for easy carrying or travel.
- 2 hidden zipper compartments.
- Compatible with all standard crates, even 1 & 2 door designs.
- 1-Year Warranty.
- The thick solid foam makes this bed durable and comfortable. It is great for growing puppies as well as any dog who needs joint support.
- The outer cover can easily be washed, and the foam is protected from any accidents by a waterproof liner.
- It is more durable than other crate pads and is backed by a 1-year warranty.
- Excellent customer service from PetFusion.
- It’s great for dogs who like to stretch out as well as those who like to rest their head on a supportive bolster.
- It is pricey, but well worth the money because of its durability and warranty.
- It is not meant for aggressive chewers.
- The bottom of the bed isn’t as durable as the top. One owner mentioned his dog flipped the bed over and chewed at the bottom.
- Some mention that the cover shrinks in the dryer. Be careful when drying, dry on cool air only or hang to dry.
2. Carhartt Durable Duck Canvas Dog Bed
(Best Tough & Durable Cover)
The Carhartt Dog Bed offers both comfort and durability.
Carhartt is a company that designs products for hard-working people, and their dog bed is designed for hard-working dogs!
This bed features a durable outer cover made from the same material used on their jackets and bibs for humans, durable 100% cotton duck canvas.
The water-repellent outer cover has a soft broken-in feel to it, making it comfortable for your dog to lie on. Plus, it can easily be removed and machine-washed.
The large soft cushion is ideal for dogs who love to curl up when they sleep or stretch out. It features baffled construction which allows the polyester fiberfill to stay in place.
The entire bed is covered in durable duck canvas, even the bottom.
A single extra-wide YKK zipper makes the cover easy to remove.
The zipper is concealed under the canvas fabric, making it less likely for your dog to chew.
- The outer cover is made of durable 12oz 100% cotton duck canvas.
- Water-repellent coating.
- The removable outer cover can be machine-washed.
- Polyester fiberfill inner cushion with baffled construction.
- Durable YKK zipper that is hidden.
- Available in S, M, & L.
- Available in various colours.
- The thick durable fabric holds up to scratching and digging.
- The bed maintains its fluffiness and thickness, thanks to the baffled construction.
- The cover can easily be washed and holds up well.
- Only one zipper and it is hidden.
- It is lightweight, the bed can easily be moved.
- Carhartt material is nearly indestructible, the same material used as their jackets and bibs.
- Dogs love how comfortable it is.
- There is no inner lining, the outer cover is water-repellent. Spills and messes need to be cleaned up right away in order to avoid them seeping through to the foam.
- The canvas cover can be a bit stiff and uncomfortable for dogs.
- Dog hair easily sticks to the cover.
- This bed is not chew-proof, no bed is, but it can certainly take a beating.
3. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
(Best Choice For Comfort & Durability)
Can a dog bed be both durable and super comfortable? Yes!!
The PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed is both of those things! It’s a great choice for dogs who love the comfort of laying on a couch.
Made of solid 4″ thick memory foam, the PetFusion bed offers ideal comfort for any dog!
Plus, it’s designed to last, and comes with a 3-year warranty!
Featuring a waterproof inner lining to protect the memory foam from spills and messes and a water-resistant and tear-resistant outer cover.
The zippers are hidden as well, making this bed less enticing to chew on!
The outer cover can easily be removed and machine-washed.
Who says a durable dog bed has to compromise on comfort?
The PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed is especially great for dogs suffering from joint pain or arthritis. It offers improved health, mobility and energy.
The comfortable bolsters offer head and neck support, providing the ultimate lounging experience for your dog.
With this bed, you can reclaim your spot on the couch.
- Solid 4″ thick memory foam base.
- Waterproof inner lining.
- Water-resistant & tear-resistant outer cover.
- The removable cover is made of 65% durable polyester, & 35% cotton twill fabric.
- The cover is machine washable.
- Non-skid bottom.
- Generously polyfill stuffed supportive bolsters.
- 2 Hidden YKK zipper compartments.
- 3 Year-Warranty.
- Owners of this bed love how well-made it is, and that it is worth the money.
- The cover is made of high-quality strong fabric, which stands up to dogs who like to scratch and paw at their bed. The durability of the cover in no way compromises its comfort, it is soft to the touch.
- This bed is the ultimate lounge bed for your dog. The memory foam is 4″ thick, which offers great comfort for any dog experiencing joint pain, and it is ideal for older dogs who suffer from arthritis.
- The manufacturer offers great customer service and a warranty that covers any damage to the entire bed.
- After washing, some owners of this bed mentioned that the non-skid dots on the bottom started to come off.
- A few reviews mention problems with the zippers, that they are not high quality, and that a few have broken. This seems to be a flaw in the manufacturing process, and the issues were able to be resolved with customer service.
- The outside cover is not waterproof, it is water-resistant.
4. MAXX Ultra-Rugged Dog Bed by MidWest Homes For Pets
(Best Choice For Crates)
The MAXX Ultra-Rugged Dog Bed is an ideal choice for use inside a crate. It is available in various sizes and colours and fits all standard crates.
The great thing about this bed is that it is durable enough to withstand scratching and digging.
Plus, the extra tough water-repellent fabric resists any liquids, stains and odours.
This makes it an ideal choice for puppies as well as dogs suffering from incontinence issues.
Light spills and messes can be spot cleaned, and if needed this bed can be washed in the washing machine and tossed in the dryer.
This bed is not only durable but it provides your pup with comfort.
The bolsters are poly-fibre-filled to provide head and neck support, and the base is cushioned for overall comfort.
The non-slip grip bottom keeps this bed in place inside the crate or on hard floors.
The MAXX Ultra-Rugged Dog Bed is a durable choice that will outlast other similar dog beds on the market, however, it is not intended for aggressive chewers.
MidWest Homes For Pets offers a 1-Year Warranty on this bed.
- Water-resistant, stain-resistant & odour-resistant polyester fabric.
- Overstuffed poly-fibre-filled bolsters & cushioned base provides comfort & head support.
- The non-slip grip bottom keeps the bed in place.
- Machine washable, and dryer safe.
- No zippers.
- Fits standard crates.
- Resists wear from dog’s paws & nails.
- 1-Year Warranty.
- Great for all seasons, provides cushioned comfort and the bed stays cool to the touch. It will not cause your dog to overheat as some beds do.
- The fabric is durable & water-resistant, it holds up well to scratching.
- It is easy to clean, just toss it in the washer & dryer.
- There are no zippers to attract chewers.
- It is a strong & attractive bed that fits all standard crates.
- It is not chew-proof, however, it is more durable than similar beds. A good idea is to put a chew toy inside the crate so your dog will chew the toy instead of the bed.
- It does not provide as much cushioned support as other beds.
- The fabric tends to be noisy when the dog moves around on it.
- It shows dog hair easily.
5. The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed
(Best Choice For Dogs Who Like To Stretch Out)
The Dog’s Bed Orthopedic Dog Bed has a lot going for it. Not only does it offer orthopedic comfort, but it is super durable and designed to last.
The thick solid premium memory foam provides your dog with ultimate comfort and joint support.
A waterproof inner lining protects the foam from any spills and messes, and the outer cover is made of durable canvas, which holds up to any chewing.
The outer canvas cover can easily be removed and thrown into the washing machine. Plus, the zipper is hidden to keep dogs from chewing it.
This bed is very supportive and thick, making it ideal for dogs with arthritis or joint pain, but really any dog regardless of age would enjoy this bed.
Dogs who love to stretch out when they sleep will enjoy this bed the most because it is a simple design without any bolsters.
- Solid 2″ thick high-density orthopedic memory foam over a 4″ base of high stability premium support foam.
- Waterproof inner lining.
- Removable durable canvas cover.
- The cover is machine washable & quick drying.
- Hidden zipper.
- Provides relief for joint conditions like hip & elbow dysplasia & arthritis.
- Restores mobility & vitality & provides more sound sleep.
- Replacement covers can be purchased separately.
- 1-Year Limited Warranty.
- This bed offers thick firm support, perfect for dogs of any age. Benefits dogs who suffer from hip dysplasia, arthritis, or dogs who need to recover from surgery.
- It holds its shape & doesn’t go flat.
- Featuring a waterproof inner liner, and a cover that can easily be removed and machine washed, there is no need to worry if your dog has an accident.
- The cover is durable & holds up to scratching.
- The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this bed, and the customer service is excellent.
- There are a few complaints regarding the size of this bed. Some reviews mention that the bed is narrow, and the length is shorter than the description. Make sure to measure and check the sizing, before ordering.
- This bed has piping around the perimeter, which could attract chewing.
- I wouldn’t recommend this bed for teething puppies, or aggressive chewers. It is not indestructible, and some reviews mention that the cover does hold up well to scratching, but it is not chew-proof.
6. SUDDUS Elevated Dog Bed
(Best Chew Proof Design & Material)
Elevated dog beds are a great choice for dogs who chew because they are of minimal design. There’s no fluff, foam, zippers or Velcro to chew.
But, don’t let their minimal design fool you into thinking they’re not comfortable. Elevated dog beds are very comfortable, and are great for keeping your dog cool.
The SUDDUS Elevated Dog Bed offers the best chew-proof design and material.
The cover of this bed is all one piece and is made of Textilene material which resists wear and tear. It’s breathable, non-toxic, and waterproof.
The material of this bed is designed to be chew-proof, keep in mind that no bed is indestructible, but this one will certainly put up a fight against tough chewers.
The frame of this elevated bed is made of steel pipes which are 0.88mm thick.
This bed will not bend or collapse, and it even has an extra support bar in the middle of the bed, (the XL size has 2 support bars).
It is available in 3 sizes, and the XL bed can hold over 150LBS.
The waterproof design of this bed makes it ideal for use indoors or out. Cleaning it is super easy, just spray it off with a hose. The cover can be removed and washed as well.
- An elevated dog bed keeps your dog cool & off the hard floor.
- A durable one-piece cover made of Textilene resists wear & tear.
- Breathable, non-toxic & waterproof.
- Durable steel frame pipes are 0.88mm thick.
- Extra middle support bar, (XL has 2 support bars).
- XL holds over 150LBS.
- Indoor & outdoor use.
- Easy to clean, removable washable cover.
- Anti-skid rubber feet.
- 1-Year Warranty.
- The one-piece fabric cover is more durable and chew-proof than a traditional dog bed.
- It is lightweight, but sturdy and the bed will not sag because it has extra support in the middle of the bed.
- A great choice for dogs who tend to overheat in the summer, it allows air to circulate all around your dog.
- Great for dogs with joint issues, it keeps them off the hard floor.
- Owners of this bed love how sturdy it is and that it is well-made.
- Many owners mention that the assembly instructions are difficult to follow.
- The connector pieces are not made of metal.
7. Veehoo Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed
(Best Anti-Scratch & Anti-Chew Bed)
The Veehoo Chew Proof Elevated Dog Bed has chew proof right in its name, and according to plenty of happy customers, it really is chew-resistant!
What sets this elevated bed apart from other elevated beds is that the edges of the fabric are completely covered by the frame, to prevent any chewing.
The Veehoo chew-proof bed has been upgraded from its previous version. The material and structure have been improved to offer stronger stability and durability.
Featuring an aluminum frame that will not rust, rounded anti-digging corners, and a durable Textilene mesh fabric cover.
The cover is chew-proof, anti-scratch, breathable and water-permeable.
Elevated beds are great at keeping your dog cool and comfortable and raised off the floor.
Depending on the size of the bed, your dog will be raised off the ground by 7 to 9 inches. The large size can hold dogs up to 150 Lbs.
- Chew proof aluminum frame, will not rust.
- Rounded anti-digging corners.
- Non-slip rubber feet.
- Durable Textilene mesh fabric cover.
- Anti-scratch, breathable, & water-permeable.
- All edges are protected by the frame.
- Elevated 7-9″ off ground (depending on size).
- Strong load capacity. (Up to 250 Lbs. size XXL).
- Screws & hex tool included for easy assembly.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- Various colours are available.
- 1-Year Warranty.
- One of the best designs for an elevated bed. The fabric edges are completely covered by the frame to prevent chewing.
- Allows air circulation all around, great for furry dogs who tend to overheat in warm temperatures.
- Keeps your dog off the floor, which helps ease joints.
- This bed is easy to clean, simply spray it off with a hose.
- It is durable and less enticing to chew than other beds. The cover resists chewing and scratching and holds up really well.
- Replacement covers are available in various colours.
- Almost all of the reviews mention that this bed is very difficult to assemble, especially for 1 person. Two people are required.
- The feet are not made of aluminum like the rest of the frame. Instead, they are plastic with rubber on the bottom.
RELATED ===> Best Cooling Beds For Dogs.
What To Look For In A Chew Proof Dog Bed?
When shopping for a chew-proof dog bed, you will want to look for the following:
- Strong Durable Material: The bed should be made of a strong fabric able to withstand scratching, biting, and chewing. Fabric to look for includes canvas, nylon, rip-stop ballistic, or anything classed as military-grade.
- Memory Foam: A memory foam mattress is a good choice as it offers your dog comfortable support, and is thick and durable.
- Reinforced Seams: Any seams on the bed should be double or triple-stitched.
- Hidden, or No Zippers or Velcro: Any closures on the bed such as zippers, Velcro, tabs, or other loose ends should be hidden, or preferably none at all to prevent any chewing.
- Increased Weight Limit: A bed that is strong and durable with an increased weight limit, will give large dogs plenty of room to lay on, and will be tough enough to last.
- Double Layers: Most beds will have an inner layer that protects the bed itself, and a durable cover. If your dog happens to chew through the outer layer, the inner layer will protect the bed.
- Waterproof: This is important if you have a puppy or an older dog prone to accidents. You will want to protect the bed itself from getting soiled and damaged.
- Warranty: Buying a bed that comes with a warranty is always a good idea, you want to protect your investment.
Chew Proof Dog Beds: FAQ
Why Do Dogs Chew Their Beds?
There are many reasons why dogs chew their beds, including:
Teething: Teething puppies will chew on anything and everything if given the chance. You will need to redirect their chewing onto chew appropriate toys.
Natural Behaviour: Chewing is a natural behaviour for all dogs. Some dogs simply enjoy chewing, as it is a way to relieve stress and anxiety.
Natural Born Chewers: Some breeds are more prone to chew such as Labs, Golden Retrievers, Pit Bulls, and German Shepherds.
Bored or Stressed: Constant chewing and destructive chewing can be caused by stress, anxiety, illness, pain, hunger or boredom. Most often it is a sign that your dog is bored and not given enough physical activity as well as mental stimulation.
RELATED ===> 7 Best Calming Beds For Dogs.
At What Age Do Dogs Stop Chewing Their Beds?
Puppies who chew their beds because of teething will typically stop once the teething phase is over. This happens around 6 months of age.
Adult dogs however do not have an age limit when they stop. This is because they may be chewing out of boredom, stress, anxiety, or lack of physical activity.
Once the reason for your dog’s destructive chewing is addressed, the chewing will subside.
How Do You Stop Dogs From Chewing On Beds?
This short video offers some great ways to stop your dog from chewing his bed:
Buying a bed for your dog can certainly be a challenge, and I hope that the above list of chew-proof dog beds has helped to make that decision a little easier.
It is important to consider not only your dog’s chewing style but also your dog’s sleeping style. You want the bed to last a really long time, but most importantly you want your dog to be comfortable.
Has your dog tried any of the beds mentioned above? Do you have another bed that you recommend? Share your thoughts below, I would love to hear from you.
I am the proud owner of a Golden Retriever named Ellie. She keeps me busy, and when she is resting, you can find me working on my blog. She is always close by though. I live in Stirling, ON Canada with my husband, and we both enjoy the never a dull moment life with our Ellie.
26 thoughts on “7 Best Chew Proof Dog Beds [Guaranteed To Put Up A Fight!]”
I agree that no bed is indestructible, or puppy-proof, but, yes some beds definitely last longer than others! It makes you not want to spend too much on a bed, especially while your puppy is still growing.
I never thought to look for one that didn’t have exposed zippers and other fastenings though, as this is the first thing dogs like to chew. I do love the PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed, it looks super comfortable, and the 3-year warranty is pretty impressive!
All dogs deserve to have a comfortable bed to sleep on, and while your dog is still a puppy, you may have to hold off on buying an expensive bed until they are past their puppy stage. The crate pads listed above are great options to get you through that puppy stage, as they are durable and won’t break the bank.
An elevated dog bed is probably the best choice for heavy chewers, as it is the least desirable to chew on.
Anything on a dog bed that sticks out such as tags, zippers, Velcro, fluff, or other fabric, will be the most enticing for dogs to chew on. That’s why looking for a bed that doesn’t have anything like that, or has hidden zippers is ideal.
The PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed is a popular choice because it is extremely comfortable, it provides head and neck support, and the warranty is great!
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts,
We have been looking for a durable bed for our pup. She is a 5-year-old beagle/jack russell. She doesn’t chew her bed but likes to drag it around to be chased. She has lots of toys but for some reason likes to drag her bed around outside. We take it with us everywhere so it gets washed a lot. We need one in which the stuffing will not bunch up. As well, the outer cover should be durable because it gets dragged around. Thanks for this overview. There are a couple of beds we are discussing.
In your case, you would want to look for a bed that has baffled construction to keep the stuffing in place and to prevent it from bunching and shifting. The Carhartt dog bed would be a great choice, as it has baffled construction and the cover is very durable and machine washable. It is available in different colours as well.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts, I hope you are able to decide on a great bed for your dog.
Hi Jenny. Thanks for all the great information you have included. It will definitely help to narrow down a quality dog bed when choosing one. I am curious if you know if any of these have been treated with any sort of chemicals that could be adverse to a pet? I know sometimes that information isn’t available, so if need be I can always just contact the manufacturer to find out. Thanks again for the great post. Happy I came across it online.
The dog beds that I have listed above do not mention anything about being treated with chemicals. The Carhartt dog bed mentions that the cover is treated with a water-repellent to protect the bed from any spills or accidents, but this should not have any negative effect on dogs. I know that the SUDDUS Elevated dog bed specifically states that the materials are non-toxic, as far as the other dog beds, you could always contact the manufacturer directly to be sure. You brought up a great question, and it is always a good idea to be certain that any product for your dog will be non-toxic.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Oh, my gosh. Finally, someone has come up with one of these. I’ve seen hundreds of youtube videos of dogs tearing up expensive beds and pads. It’s hilarious but I wonder how much the industry makes on people having to replace these doggy beds. I think it’s one of the reasons someone hasn’t come out with one they can’t chew to pieces.
It is a very frustrating experience for dog owners to have their dogs destroy a dog bed, only to have to keep replacing it. Hopefully, this article will help owners choose a bed for their dog that will stand up to their dog’s chewing. Any dog owner knows that if their dog is determined enough, they will chew through anything, therefore an indestructible dog bed does not exist. But, the good news is that there are many beds such as the ones I have listed above that will certainly outlast others and stand up to all of that chewing.
Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts,
Hello Jenny, I feel very interested in reading the headline “Chew Proof Dog Beds Guaranteed-7 Best Reviewed” and I read this fully. I absolutely love this insightful review. This is very cool and lovely. I am a pet lover. I also need this bed for my pet. I am going to share this informative article with my dog lover friends. Thank you for this useful review.
I am happy that you enjoyed my article and that it was of help to you. Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Awesome information. What an incredible blog post! I really love the way you structured out your review on chew proof dog beds. I am happy I stumbled on this post. I have been on a search of where to get quality beds for my dogs. With this review I am more convinced this product will be great as it is well designed for dogs to be comfortable. Thanks for sharing this with us
All of the chew proof dog beds that I have listed above are not only durable but they are comfortable as well. Getting a chew proof bed that will last a long time is important, but more important is the comfort of your dog.
Thanks for your comment.
Thank you for sharing this great informational article about dog beds. Here you have a thorough discussion with a variety of dog beds. I have learned a lot about these types of beds in your article. I currently own a dog, and I have been searching for a long time for a quality dog bed. I would like to ask you which type of dog bed would be good for me? I will definitely be back to your website for some more of your helpful information on a lot of topics.
The search for a quality dog bed can certainly be challenging. Without knowing what type of dog you currently own, it is hard for me to properly answer your question. In general, when looking for a dog bed you want to determine your dogs sleeping style, does your dog like to stretch out? does your dog like to have the head and neck support of a pillow? does your dog like to keep cool? The sleeping style of your dog helps a lot when looking for a bed. You also need to determine your dogs chewing style, teething puppy, light chewer, or heavy chewer. If you own a puppy, I would suggest holding off on a bed that your puppy can damage easily, and wait until the teething stage is over.
Hope this helps you out, thanks for taking the time to comment.
This is really cool and lovely. Reading this post has now given me the answer to why my Mom’s old dog who was a mixed breed, loved chewing almost everything when he grew older. But my Mom didn’t provide him with his own personal couch or bed, because he was sleeping on the same with my Mom. He was a lovely dog.
Thanks for sharing your experience. It sounds like your Mom’s dog really had a good life, enjoying the comforts of the couch and the bed.
Hello Jenny, I absolutely love this insightful article because it is full of great information. This is fascinating and intriguing to me about the reasons why dogs chew. Your article has listed types of chew proof dog beds to buy for our dogs sleeping style and comfortability. K9 Ballistics Tough Dog crate pad will be my choice to buy. Thanks for the enlightenment.
Buying a bed that is comfortable and matches your dogs sleeping style is very important. There are many different styles of beds available, and choosing the right one can sometimes be a hard decision. You have certainly decided on a great bed. The K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad is very durable, and so easy to clean, it will last for a really long time.
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
I like this review of chew proof dog beds. It can be challenging having your dog chewing almost everything he/she sees.
I have a problem with my dog sometimes chewing on stuff he sees on the floor, to the extent of damaging his bed. But seeing this chew proof dog bed, it makes me want to know more about it and buy it for him.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. Given the chance, a dog will chew on anything. If your dog is damaging his bed you want to make sure to remove it, especially if it has any stuffing in it that can cause your dog harm.
Thanks for sharing this informative and educational article. It’s really frustrating getting a bed for my dog and then a few days after it has been destroyed. Reading this article has educated me on why dogs chew their bed, and what to look out for in getting a chew proof bed. This article really came at the right time.
I am glad this article has helped you out. Looking for a durable chew proof bed is always a great idea, as these beds are designed to last longer than standard beds, thus saving you money in the long run.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.
This is perfect timing for me. We are thinking about getting a dog in the very near future and this is one thing I was worried about. I used to own bulldogs growing up and they would tear every bed apart (even mine LOL). It’s been a few years since I last owned a dog so I didn’t realize they had chew proof beds. This is so relieving that I don’t have to go through the same issues of constantly getting new beds for them and cleaning up the old ones. The Pet Fusion one looks like a great choice. I am definitely going to bookmark this for when that day comes and we get a new dog. Thank you so much for the helpful information!
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Bulldogs can certainly be notorious for ripping things apart, and it is frustrating when it happens to be a new bed. I am glad you found my article helpful, just remember my tips for what to look for in a chew proof bed. There are a lot of beds that claim to be indestructible or chew proof, and they simply are not. Always check the material, the seams, the weight limit, and the warranty.
The Pet Fusion is a great choice, especially for those dogs who love to lounge on your couch.
This explains why my old dog, who was a shepherd mixed with lab, chewed on everything, even when he was older. I never knew that some breeds chewed more than others, and that it was a way of relieving stress. So that’s definitely something new right there. The pet fusion large dog bed would be a go-to for my parents’ current dog, who is obsessed with the couch to the point she loves to take up a lot of space as well! Definitely would be my number one choice.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Labs are big time chewers, as well as Shepherds, they just love to chew. The key is to keep them well exercised and mentally stimulated so they don’t become bored.
I can certainly relate to having to share the couch with a dog. The Pet Fusion bed would really solve that problem for your parents, the bed would probably be much more comfortable than the couch.
Thank you for taking the time to comment.