Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
All dogs deserve to have a comfortable bed to sleep on. But what happens when you are the owner of a dog who chews everything, including his bed? It’s a frustrating experience, and you probably have replaced a few chewed up beds and spent a ton of money already!
Don’t give up just yet, because I have reviewed some of the best chew proof dog beds guaranteed to stand up to some tough chewing, and outlast standard beds.
You are probably fed up with buying your dog a new bed, only to have it destroyed in a few days or within minutes. There are many beds on the market that are labelled as indestructible, but do indestructible beds really exist?
No, there is no such thing as indestructible. I certainly do not want to give you false hope, because any dog that is determined enough will find a way to destroy something. However, there are beds that are nearly indestructible, and will certainly put up a fight to heavy chewers.
These are the beds that you want to look for, tough beds that will last for a long time. Investing in a tough bed designed to be chew-proof will save you money in the long run.
When you are looking for a bed you will first need to determine your dog’s chewing style. Is your dog a light, moderate, or aggressive chewer? Do you have a teething puppy?
The beds that I review below are great choices for light to moderate chewers, as well as one bed that is designed for aggressive chewers, and a few options for teething puppies.
Why Do Dog’s Chew Their Beds?
If you have a puppy then you know the answer to this question. Puppies that are teething will chew on anything and everything if given the chance. For teething puppies, you will want to give them appropriate toys to chew on, instead of your furniture or their bed.
Chewing is a natural behaviour for all dogs, and there are many reasons why dogs chew. Some dogs simply enjoy chewing, it is a way for them to relieve stress and anxiety.
There are some breeds that will chew more than others, such as Labs, Golden Retrievers, Pit Bulls, and German Shepherds to name a few.
Constant chewing and destructive chewing is something to be concerned about and can be caused by stress, anxiety, illness, pain, hunger, or boredom. Most often it is a sign of boredom, and that the dog is not given enough exercise and mental stimulation.
What To Look For In A Chew Proof Dog Bed?
When shopping for a chew proof dog bed, you will want to look for the following:
- Strong Durable Material: The bed should be made of a strong fabric able to withstand scratching, biting, and chewing. Fabric to look for includes canvas, nylon, rip-stop ballistic, or anything classed as military-grade.
- Memory Foam: A memory foam mattress is a good choice as it offers your dog comfortable support, and it is thick and durable.
- Reinforced Seams: Any seams on the bed should be double or triple stitched.
- Hidden, or No Zippers or Velcro: Any closures on the bed such as zippers, Velcro, tabs, or other loose ends should be hidden, or preferably none at all to prevent any chewing.
- Increased Weight Limit: A bed that is strong and durable with an increased weight limit, will give large dogs plenty of room to lay on, and will be tough enough to last.
- Double Layers: Most beds will have an inner layer that protects the bed itself, and a durable cover. If your dog happens to chew through the outer layer, the inner layer will protect the bed.
- Waterproof: This is important if you have a puppy or an older dog prone to accidents. You will want to protect the bed itself from getting soiled and damaged.
- Warranty: Buying a bed that comes with a warranty is always a good idea, you want to protect your investment.
7 Of The Best Chew Proof Dog Beds
1. goDog Bed Bubble Bolster
(Best Choice For Puppies, And Crates)
goDog is a company that is known for making plush toys with chew-guard technology. As an owner of goDog plush toys, I know just how tough and durable their chew guard toys are, and I had to include this bed on the list.
Your dog deserves a soft comfortable plush bed, and this bed is just that. Durable enough to withstand chewing, and scratching, this bed is made with a tear-resistant mesh lining, and reinforced seams.
This bed is ideal for use in crates, cars, on the floor, indoors and outdoors. It is not indestructible, but it is guaranteed to last longer than standard soft plush beds.
- Chew-guard Technology, made with tear-resistant mesh lining, and reinforced seams.
- Soft cuddly plush provides ultimate comfort, available in bubble plush, or shag plush.
- Cushioned bolster border, allows your dog to comfortably rest his head.
- Non-skid bottom, so it doesn’t slide on hard surfaces.
- Fits most standard crates.
- Perfect for use in crates, cars, floors, indoors and outdoors.
- Machine washable.
- Available in 5 sizes.
- Available in 4 colours.
- Made in the USA.
- 30-Day Guarantee, with one-time free replacement.
Owners of this bed love how soft and comfortable it is, and many are surprised at how durable plush can be. This bed can be machine washed, and one reviewer mentioned that they washed it several times, and it is still durable and looks like new.
This bed is ideal for crates and stands up to puppies chewing, it is well-made and very affordable.
The manufacturer stands behind the warranty, and offers to replace the bed once for free if your dog happens to destroy the bed.
This bed is not indestructible, so it is not going to stand up to aggressive chewers.
Some owners of this bed mention that it is very thin, but it is still a firm and durable bed, they just wish it was thicker.
Some reviews mention that this bed leaves fuzz all over.
2. K9 Ballistics Tough Rectangle Nesting Dog Bed
(Best Choice For Dogs Who Nest)
K9 Ballistics is a company that is known for making chew proof and indestructible beds. Their nesting dog bed is designed for dogs who like to dig, scratch and chew.
This bed is built tough, designed for light to moderate chewers, and resists 90% of chewing dogs.
The tough cover is made from ripstop ballistic fabric, meaning it will last longer than cloth or any other cheap fabric. The ripstop is a unique grid pattern that will stop a small puncture from becoming a huge gaping hole.
- Chew Resistant, resists 90% of chewing dogs.
- Durable ripstop ballistic cover: chew resistant, waterproof, scratch & bite proof.
- Removable and machine washable cover.
- Made in the USA.
- Non-toxic shredded foam.
- Sewn-in chambers prevent clumping and shifting of foam, maintaining proper support & even weight distribution.
- 120-Day Chew Proof Warranty, free 1-time replacement cover.
- Available in 5 sizes.
- Available in 9 colours.
This bed is a comfortable choice for dogs who love to dig, scratch and paw at their bed, in order to make a nest to sleep. The cover is made with military-grade ballistic ripstop material, tough enough for 90% of chewers.
Owners of this bed mention that the cover can easily be machine washed, and comes out like new. It is puppy proof, able to resist water, hair and dirt.
This bed is well-made, with Velcro closures on the bottom, rounded corners, and solid well-sewn seams. There is no piping, or rough edges or anything that will catch the attention of pups to chew on.
The waterproof and UV protection, makes this bed great for outdoor use as well.
If your dog happens to puncture the cover, the ripstop material will prevent the puncture from getting any bigger.
The company guarantees that this bed is chew proof! If your pup manages to destroy the cover, they will send you a free one-time replacement.
Not indestructible, but this bed is tough enough to slow down an aggressive chewer, meaning the bed will last longer than other beds.
The tough ballistic fabric is stiff, and owners mention that every time their dog moves it is noisy. This bed feels more like an air mattress, and some owners have mentioned that it is a good idea to get your dog used to an air mattress before buying this bed.
The 120-day warranty only covers the bed cover, not the actual bed. There is no refund offered. At the first sign of damage, the bed should be removed to prevent the mattress from being damaged.
3. Pet Fusion Large Dog Bed
(Best Choice For Dogs Who Love To Lay On Your Couch)
The Pet Fusion bed is a great choice for those dogs who love the comfort of laying on a couch. This bed is made of solid 4″ thick memory foam, offering ideal comfort.
Older dogs who suffer from arthritis will enjoy this bed. It reduces joint pain, improves health, mobility and energy.
This bed is great for dogs who love to rest their heads on a supportive pillow. The comfortable bolsters offer head and neck support, providing the ultimate lounging experience for your dog. With this bed, you can reclaim your spot on the couch.
- Solid 4″ thick memory foam, with a protective waterproof liner.
- The outside cover is water-resistant, tear-resistant, removable, & machine washable.
- Non-skid bottom prevents sliding on hard surfaces.
- Generously filled bolsters provide head and neck support.
- 4 sizes available.
- 3 colours to choose from.
- 24 Month Warranty.
Owners of this bed love how well-made it is, and that it is worth the money. The cover is made of high-quality strong fabric, which stands up to dogs who like to scratch and paw at their bed. The durability of the cover in no way compromises its comfort, it is soft to the touch.
This bed is the ultimate lounge bed for your dog. The memory foam is 4″ thick, which offers great comfort for any dog experiencing joint pain, and it is ideal for older dogs who suffer from arthritis.
The manufacturer offers great customer service and a warranty that covers any damage to the entire bed.
After washing, some owners of this bed have mentioned that the non-skid dots on the bottom started to come off.
A few reviews mention problems with the zippers, that they are not high quality, and a few have broken. This seems to be a flaw in the manufacturing process, and the issues were able to be resolved with customer service.
The outside cover is not waterproof, it is water-resistant.
4. Kuranda Dog Bed Chewproof
(Best Choice For Aggressive Chewers)
The Kuranda dog bed is an elevated cot style bed designed to be indestructible. It is lightweight but extremely durable, able to stand up to the toughest chewers.
It offers orthopedic support to your dog and is elevated off the floor. This bed keeps your dog cool, dry and comfortable, and can be used indoors or outdoors.
The frame is all aluminum and can support dogs up to 250lbs. The fabric is heavy-duty 40oz solid vinyl, which is Kuranda’s most durable fabric.
If you are looking for a bed that is virtually indestructible, then the Kuranda Dog Bed is a great choice. The durability of this bed has been tested and proven in shelters and kennels worldwide for over 10 years.
- Elevated cot style bed, offers orthopedic support.
- Made from lightweight aircraft-grade aluminum.
- Chewproof, high strength aluminum frame supports up to 250lbs, regardless of bed size.
- Durable heavy-duty 40oz solid vinyl fabric stands up to aggressive chewers.
- Easy to clean.
- It can be used indoors or outdoors, and will not rust.
- Patented design, the fabric slides into the frame, which hides any edges of the fabric to discourage chewing.
- Durability has been proven in the most active shelters and kennels worldwide for over 10 years.
- Made in the USA.
- 1 Year Warranty
The strength and durability of this bed are really fantastic. Many owners mention how they wish they would have bought this bed to begin with, it is a great investment.
This bed will not be able to be destroyed, it might suffer from some chew marks but that’s it.
Owners love how lightweight this bed is, and it can easily be moved. The elevated style allows your dog to be comfortable, and stay cool and dry. The aluminum frame will not rust if you decide to use it outside.
This bed does not offer anything for your dog to chew, there are no seams or edges that stick out.
Owners have mentioned that the customer service is fantastic, and the company stands behind their product 100%.
On the pricier side of beds, but this bed is well worth the investment.
It is an elevated bed, so it may take a while for your dog to get used to it. Some owners of this bed mentioned that their dog slept on the floor instead of climbing up onto this bed.
This bed needs to be assembled, but the assembly is easy and fast.
Some owners mention the size of the bed is smaller than they thought. A good idea is to get a larger size.
This bed does not offer any cushioning. Fleece pads are sold separately.
5. The Dog’s Bed
(Best Choice For Dogs Who Like To Stretch Out)
The Dog’s Bed is a memory foam orthopedic style dog bed that is perfect for dogs who love to stretch out while they sleep. This bed does not have any bolsters/pillows on the sides to offer support, some dogs actually prefer a bed that is flat, allowing them to completely stretch out.
- 5 sizes available.
- Made with premium grade memory foam & support foam.
- 4″ thick base of premium foam, and 2″ thick premium grade, high density, orthopedic memory foam. (Large size & up.)
- Waterproof, removable & washable inner liner.
- The cover is durable, hypoallergenic, & machine washable.
- Resists mould, mildew, & dust mites.
- Replacement covers available.
- Choose from plush cover or canvas cover.
- 1 Year Warranty.
This bed offers thick firm support, perfect for dogs of any age and it will benefit dogs who suffer from hip dysplasia, arthritis, or dogs who need to recover from surgery.
Some reviews mention that the canvas cover holds up better than the plush cover. If you are looking for a durable, chew proof bed I would suggest getting the canvas cover.
Featuring a waterproof inner liner, and a cover that can easily be removed and machine washed, there is no need to worry if your dog has an accident.
The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this bed, and the customer service is excellent.
There are a few complaints regarding the size of this bed. Some reviews mention that the bed is narrow, and the length is shorter than the description. Make sure to measure and check the sizing, before ordering.
This bed has piping around the perimeter, which could attract chewing.
I wouldn’t recommend this bed for teething puppies, or aggressive chewers. It is not indestructible, and some reviews mention that the cover is not very durable. (Canvas cover is more durable than the plush cover).
6. K9 Ballistics Tough Dog Crate Pad
(Best Choice For Tough Chewers Who Need An Indestructible Crate Pad)
This crate pad by K9 Ballistics is designed to be chew proof, and it is even guaranteed. The company offers a 120-day chew proof guarantee, so if your dog damages it you get a one-time free replacement.
A great choice for teething puppies, this crate pad comes in a variety of sizes and is designed to fit in most standard sized crates.
No need to worry, if your dog or puppy has an accident, this pad is waterproof, easy to clean and can be thrown in the washing machine.
- 6 sizes.
- 6 colours.
- Ballistic Rip-Stop fabric, resists 90% of chewers, and if punctured the rip-stop fabric will prevent the puncture from getting larger.
- Chew resistant, scratch & bite proof.
- Waterproof, easy to spot clean, & machine washable.
- No zippers & no Velcro closures, meaning there is nothing to attract chewing.
- Triple stitched seams.
- Anchor point tie downs, to secure it in place inside a crate.
- Fits standard sized crates.
- Water, hair & dirt resistant.
- 1.5″ thick, filled with K9 Certified clean recycled polyfill.
- Made in the USA.
- 120-Day Chew Proof Warranty.
Owners love this crate pad for its durability and strength. What sets this crate pad apart from standard crate pads is the Ballistic Rip-Stop fabric. The grid pattern fabric will prevent a small puncture from getting bigger.
The durability of this pad does not take away from its comfort, it is a nice soft pad that is 1.5″thick.
There are no loose ends, zippers, or Velcro, to attract a chewing dog.
There are a variety of sizes available, making it easy to fit into standard crates.
The bottom corners attach to the crate to keep it secure and to prevent your pup from lifting and chewing the pad.
It is waterproof, and if any accidents happen the whole thing can be tossed in the washing machine.
The company has excellent customer service and offers a 120-Day Chew Proof Warranty.
This pad is designed for light to moderate chewers, not meant for aggressive chewers.
Some owners mentioned the fabric is noisy every time their dog moves around on it.
It is a pad, not really a comfortable bed.
7. K&H Pet Products Original Pet Cot
(Best Choice For Keeping Your Dog Cool)
The K&H Pet Cot is an elevated cot style bed that is a budget friendly option. This elevated bed is a great choice for keeping your dog cool in the warmer months.
Dogs with a lot of fur tend to overheat quickly and will seek out cool spots to rest and sleep, usually on hard floor surfaces. This bed features a breathable mesh center that helps to circulate air all-around your dog. The elevated style will offer joint relief to your dog.
This bed is a great option if you are camping or travelling with your dog. It is lightweight, requires no tools for assembly, and is waterproof, so it can be used inside or out.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- 2 Colors.
- Indoor & Outdoor use, great for travel & camping.
- Made of waterproof 600-Denier fabric.
- Breathable mesh center.
- Elevated, allows air circulation all around to keep your dog cool.
- No tool assembly, assembles & disassembles in minutes.
- The sturdy steel frame holds over 150lbs.
- Removable, washable cover.
- Repels moisture, mould, mildew, bacteria & odour.
- Replacement covers available.
- Non-skid rubber feet.
- 1 Year Limited Warranty.
The assembly is so easy on this bed, no tools are required. It is lightweight, making it easy to transport.
Allows air circulation all around, great for furry dogs who tend to overheat in warm temperatures.
Keeps your dog off the floor, which helps ease joints.
This bed is easy to clean, the cover can be removed and washed, or you can take it outside and hose it off.
Some owners of this bed mention that the seams are not sturdy, and they ripped apart easily. I wouldn’t recommend this bed for aggressive chewers.
The description of this bed says it can hold up to 150lbs., however, some reviews mention that it does not hold that weight. I would not recommend this bed for XL dogs, or heavy dogs.
The rubber on the bottom of the legs could wear easily, and one reviewer mentioned the legs scratched her hardwood floors.
This bed does not offer any cushioning. Fleece pads are sold separately.
Tough Decision but, the winner is: Kuranda Dog Bed Chewproof
The elevated style bed from Kuranda is my top pick because it is lightweight and pretty close to being indestructible. The only damage this bed will incur is a few chew marks.
The design of this bed is great, there are no seams or edges to attract any chewing, and the fabric slides into the frame.
The sturdy all aluminum frame can hold up to 250lbs, and I like how this bed has been tested for its durability and strength in shelters and kennels all over the world for over 10 years.
Kuranda offers a 1-year warranty on this bed, so you can feel comfortable with your purchase.
Final Thoughts On Chew Proof Dog Beds Guaranteed
Buying a bed for your dog can certainly be a challenge, and I hope that the above list of chew proof beds has helped to make that decision a little easier.
It is important to consider not only your dog’s chewing style but also your dog’s sleeping style. You want the bed to last a really long time, but most importantly you want your dog to be comfortable.
Has your dog tried any of the beds mentioned above? Do you have another bed that you recommend? Share your thoughts below, I would love to hear from you.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- Best Vacuum For Dog Owners [5 Best Reviewed 2020] - February 25, 2020
- When To Spay A Golden Retriever [Is Spaying The Right Choice?] - February 15, 2020
- Calming Beds For Dogs [My Top 7 Picks] - February 3, 2020