Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. This means if you click on the link & purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you. All opinions remain my own.
[UPDATED OCTOBER 2020]
Do you have a dog to buy for this Christmas? If you answered yes, you’ve come to the right place! I have put together a list of Christmas gifts for a dog that will inspire you and give you ideas of what to get that four-legged best friend of yours!
If you’re anything like me, you include your dog in everything, and spoil your dog every chance you get! After all, your dog is your baby. With Christmas just around the corner, you better believe I’ll be getting my dog a present or two.
Dogs are always trying to please their owners and show their loyalty to us. So when special occasions come around such as Christmas, why not show your dog how much you appreciate and love him or her with a special gift or two that they can open on Christmas along with everyone else.
Only you know your dog best in terms of what toys they like and what treats they prefer, but in general, dogs are easy to please. You’ll probably find that your dog is the easiest and most fun to shop for on your Christmas list, and likely the one recipient that will be the happiest with whatever you buy.
According to a survey done by Vetstreet, it is estimated that 96% of dog owners buy their dog a Christmas present, and 66% of pet owners also buy gifts for pets belonging to other people. That makes for some very happy pooches!
So, let’s get to it.
Christmas Gifts For A Dog
You’ll find everything on this list from toys, treats, clothing, leashes and bedding. I hope this list inspires you to spoil your dog rotten this Christmas.
1. Furbo Treat Tossing Dog Camera
How about starting the new year off by being able to keep an eye on your beloved pooch while you are away at the office. The Furbo Dog Camera is a great gift for those tech-loving dog parents. While this gift may not seem like it is exclusively for your dog, it will certainly make things easier for you and your dog while you are away from each other.
This 2-way 1080p Full HD camera allows you to engage with your dog while you are away. You’ll be able to check in with your dog and toss him a treat every now and then. With a built-in 2-way microphone and speaker, you’ll be able to talk to your dog throughout the day, and it also features a bark sensor that sends an alert to your smartphone when your dog is barking.
Being away from your dog for a few hours or for any length of time is hard on not only you but your dog. You feel guilty for leaving, and your dog gives you those sad eyes wondering when you’ll be back. With the Furbo Dog Camera, you’ll be able to feel at ease knowing you can check in with your dog throughout the day, and even keep your dog entertained by scheduling a treat toss every hour or whenever you wish.
- 160-degree wide-angle view full HD 1080p camera
- Night vision capabilities view your dog day or night.
- 2-way audio microphone and speaker.
- Barking sensor.
- Hands-free treat tosser works wirelessly with mobile device apps.
- Takes selfies of your dog when your dog faces the camera.
- Easy 3 steps, 3-minute set-up. Plug-in, download the Furbo app and connect to Wifi.
- Works with Amazon Alexa.
2. Kouser Reversible Dog Coat
Keep your dog warm and cozy when you are out walking in cold and wet weather. The Kouser coat is a reversible vest style dog coat that features a fun plaid print side that is cozy and warm, and a plain side that is waterproof. This coat is extremely popular and is loved by dogs because it is lightweight, easy to put on and keeps them warm and dry.
Available in a multitude of colours and sizes, this coat makes a great gift for any dog regardless of breed and size.
Made of thick polyester fibre, this coat will keep your dog warm in the cold winter. It features a buttonhole for a collar or harness and velcro closures that make it easy to put on and take off.
- Waterproof and windproof.
- Warm and lightweight.
- Reversible design, the plaid side is warm and cozy, the plain side is waterproof.
- Easy to put on and take off.
- Velcro closures.
- Buttonhole for collar and harness.
- Elastic chest design.
- Available in a multitude of sizes and colours.
- Lifetime money-back guarantee.
3. Benebone Wishbone
Give your dog something to chew on! This wishbone is made with 100% real food ingredients and is available in 3 mouth-watering flavours that your dog will love. The Benebone Wishbone is a hard chew that features a clever design to allow your dog to easily and comfortably get a good chew going. It features deep grooves that give your dog a better grip and bite.
Benebones are very hard and made of nylon which makes them last a long time. These bones are not edible and do require supervision as with any type of bone. Benebones are ideal for dogs who have strong and healthy teeth. They are not recommended for puppies who do not have their adult teeth yet.
- Durable and long-lasting nylon chew.
- Made with 100% real food ingredients.
- Wishbone design makes it easy for your dog to grip and chew comfortably.
- Available in 3 flavours, Bacon, Chicken and Peanut.
- Available in 3 sizes, Small, Medium and Large.
- Made in the USA.
- Ideal for heavy and aggressive chewers.
4. Zippy Paws Holiday Burrow
This interactive hide and seek plush toy is sure to give your dog hours of fun! It is so cute in a fun holiday design. Watch as your dog figures out how to pull Santa and the Reindeer out of their chimney house.
This puzzle toy is a great way to keep your dog’s mind stimulated. Each Reindeer and Santa has a squeaker inside for even more excitement. Get in on the fun and hide the Reindeer and Santa around the house and let your dog hunt and sniff for them. You could also stuff your dog’s favourite treats inside the burrow for added fun.
This toy is great for small to medium-sized dogs, and because it is plush it is not recommended for aggressive chewers.
- Hide and seek interactive toy, challenges your dog’s mind.
- Prevents boredom.
- Fun holiday design.
- Santa and 2 Reindeer have squeakers.
- Burrow measures 6x5x6 inches.
- Ideal for small to medium-sized dogs, and gentle chewers.
5. Zippy Paws Holiday Hedgehog
Give your dog a cute festive squeak toy to play with. This Holiday Hedgehog is made of soft plush fabric and features one squeaker that makes a grunting noise. This toy is ideal for gentle chewers and dogs who love to have a toy to cuddle. The Holiday Hedgehog would bring out your dog’s hunting instincts because it is realistic looking. What dog doesn’t love a squeaker toy?
- Soft plush toy.
- One squeaker that makes a grunting noise.
- Realistic looking hedgehog in a festive design, wearing a Santa hat.
- Great for gentle play, cuddle toy, or games of fetch.
- Available in 3 sizes, Small, Large and X-Large.
- Not meant for aggressive chewers.
6. Best Friends by Sheri Calming Shag Donut Cuddle Bed
Pamper your dog this Christmas with a better night’s sleep! This donut-shaped bed is ideal for dogs who love to curl up and get cozy. The soft and comfy faux shag fur exterior of this bed is reminiscent of a mother’s fur coat. This bed is self-warming and offers your dog a luxurious rest.
Your dog will feel a sense of comfort and security with the raised 9″ rim that offers head and neck support. This bed is soft and comfortable to the touch and is made with luxurious faux fur/shag material, and features a tough nylon bottom that is both dirt and water-resistant. The water-resistant bottom prevents any accidental messes from reaching the floor.
The entire bed can be easily cleaned, there are no covers to remove, simply toss the entire bed in the washing machine and dryer! To avoid any matting of the faux fur it is recommended to dry the bed in the dryer and not air dry it.
This bed is not ideal for teething puppies or aggressive chewers.
- Round donut shaped cuddler bed, ideal for dogs who love to curl up.
- 9″ raised rim for head and neck support.
- The small size bed is 23″ x 23″, ideal for dogs up to 25lbs.
- Luxurious faux fur/shag material offers your dog comfort and coziness.
- Tough nylon bottom is dirt and water-resistant.
- The entire bed is machine washable, and safe in the dryer.
- Keeps your dog calm and safe because of it’s donut shape to cradle them.
7. PetFusion Premium Pet Blanket
Dogs enjoy the softness and warmth of a nice cozy blanket just as much as we do. Why not spoil your dog this year with a luxurious blanket to keep him or her warm?
This premium dog blanket not only provides your dog with a soft and comfortable place to lay on, but it also protects your furniture and your dog’s bed from any scratches, clawing, chewing, and dog hair.
This blanket is made of 100% polyester micro plush and is double layer reversible. Your dog will enjoy the softness and warmth of this blanket all year long. It is great for all seasons. This blanket is ideal for protecting your couch or chair from dog hair, it can be used in your car, your dog’s crate or bed, and on the floor. Use it anywhere your dog likes to lay.
- 100% polyester micro plush reversible dog blanket.
- Protects your furniture and dog’s bed from dog hair and scratching, clawing, and chewing.
- The blanket is shed and pill-resistant.
- Machine washable.
- Available in 4 sizes, Small, Medium, Large and X-Large.
- Available in 2 colours.
- 12 Month Warranty.
8. Pacific Pups Products Dog Rope Toys
If you have an aggressive chewer or teething puppy that you are shopping for this is the perfect gift. This set of 11 nearly indestructible rope toys is perfect for your dog to get a good chew session going.
Rope toys are a great way for your dog to get clean and healthy teeth, as the rope fibres floss your dog’s teeth and promote good dental health. These toys are completely safe and made of non-toxic materials, and are plastic-free.
Pacific Pups toys are made to support rescue dogs in high-kill shelters. A portion of each sale is donated to Pacific Pups Rescue, a non-profit dog rescue in California.
This variety pack of rope toys are designed to last and hold up to aggressive chewers. They are perfect for tugging, chewing, and shaking. They are great for bonding with your dog by playing tug-of-war or games of fetch.
These rope toys make a great gift for all dogs and all sizes. The largest rope toys in this pack measure 22-24 inches in length and 1-1.5 inches in width, and feature large knots to chew on.
- Pack of 11 nearly indestructible rope toys.
- Made of 100% cotton, completely safe and non-toxic, and plastic-free.
- Promotes good dental health by cleaning and flossing your dog’s teeth.
- Holds up to aggressive chewers.
- Ideal for tugging, chewing, shaking and tossing.
- Supports rescue dogs.
- Lifetime money-back guarantee.
9. Rabbitgoo Dog Harness
Got a dog that pulls? We’ve all been there! You try to go for a nice walk with your dog but instead, you find yourself being pulled and dragged around by your dog. It makes for a very fast-paced walk and you feel like your arm is stretched out to its capacity!
Well, no more! Make walking more enjoyable with the Rabbitgoo Dog Harness. This no pull dog harness makes walking your dog safe and enjoyable for you and your dog. This harness allows you to attach your dog’s leash to the front of the chest for better control and for training, and on the back for casual walks and jogging.
With the no-pull harness, you no longer have to worry about being pulled, and your dog will not have a collar choking his neck.
- Adjustable no pull dog harness with 2 neck straps and 2 chest straps ensure a proper fit.
- Has 2 metal leash rings that allow you to attach a leash on the front (chest) or the back.
- No pull and no choke harness ensures a safe and comfortable walk.
- It has 2 fast release buckles, it is easy to put on and take off. Simply slide the harness over your dog’s head, buckle it up and adjust the straps for a proper fit.
- Made of durable Nylon Oxford, and padded with breathable soft air mesh.
- Lightweight, breathable and water-resistant. Good for all seasons.
- Bright reflective straps make walking at night safer.
- Easy to clean, hand wash with mild soap.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- Available in 6 colours.
10. Friends Forever Orthopedic Lounge Sofa For Dogs
Do you find yourself having to share the couch with your dog? Once a dog discovers just how comfortable your couch is they never want to lounge anywhere else. This lounge sofa is a perfect gift for those couch loving dogs.
This lounge sofa not only provides your dog with comfortable and restful sleep, but it also provides soft cushioning support to dogs who suffer from joint pain or arthritis. All dogs will enjoy the comfort of this bed, but senior dogs and dogs suffering from aching bones will benefit the most out of this bed.
This orthopedic bed features a human-grade foam mattress with generously cushioned poly-fill bolster to provide your dog with head and neck support. The cover is tear-resistant, water-resistant and hair-resistant, it is durable and designed to last. The cover can easily be removed and cleaned in the washing machine.
- Orthopedic bed made with human-grade mattress foam.
- It provides support and relief to dogs who suffer from joint pain or arthritis.
- The cushioned poly-fill bolster provides head and neck support.
- Durable anti-tear, water-resistant, and hair-resistant cover.
- The cover is removable and machine washable.
- Available in 4 sizes.
- Available in 4 colours.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee, 1-Year Warranty.
11. Chuckit! Max Glow Ball
With this glow in the dark ball by Chuckit! your games of fetch never have to end! Your dog will have hours of fun chasing this ball in the dark. This is a great gift for dogs who love being outside when the sun goes down and is perfect for dog parents who get home late and want to have some playtime with their dog.
This ultra-bright glow in the dark ball charges within minutes under direct light or outside in the sunlight. Just 5 minutes of charging under the light gives it 20 minutes of glow time.
Chuckit! balls are extremely popular because they are designed to last, and dogs and owners love them because they are durable and practically chew proof. This ball is made with pet-safe materials and features a textured surface to make it easy to grip. This ball is compatible with the Chuckit! launcher.
- Glow in the dark ball charges under direct light or sunlight.
- Made with non-toxic pet safe materials.
- Compatible with the Chuckit! ball launcher.
- Textured surface for easier grip.
- Easy to clean and resistant to dirt and slobber.
- Available in 4 sizes.
12. Bacon Flavoured Bubble Machine For Dogs
This makes a great gift for the dog who has everything! Watch as your dog goes wild for bacon-scented and flavoured bubbles. Your dog will be able to chase, pounce, and try to catch all those bacon bubbles coming at him, and you’ll be entertained just watching him.
This automatic bubble machine uses 4AA batteries(not included), to get started simply pour the bacon bubble solution into the machine and turn it on. The bubble solution is 100% non-toxic and safe for dogs and kids, and it is tear-free.
- Automatic battery operated bubble machine. Requires 4AA batteries not included.
- Includes a free 8oz bottle of bacon-scented bubble solution.
- The bubble solution is 100% non-toxic, tear-free, and safe for dogs and kids.
- It provides hours of interactive fun for your dog.
- Bubble solution has a wand for hand blowing.
- It can be refilled with any bubble solution (for kids).
13. Stainless Steel Water Fountain
Keep your dog hydrated with an indoor water fountain. Most dogs enjoy drinking fresh water from a running fountain, and this stainless steel fountain by PetSafe encourages your dog to drink more. It has 5 streams of free-falling water for your dog to drink from. This fountain is great if you have a multi-pet household.
Stainless steel gives this fountain a sleek look, and it is hygienic and dishwasher safe. This fountain provides 128oz of fresh, filtered water to your dog. It features an adjustable cap to control the flow of water and includes a replaceable carbon filter that removes bad taste and odour.
The pump that operates this fountain runs quiet and has a 5.5-foot long cord.
- Large water capacity holds 128oz of water.
- The stainless steel fountain is hygienic and easy to clean.
- Dishwasher safe, top rack only.
- Indoor use only.
- Great for a multi-pet household. It has 5 free-falling streams of water.
- Includes carbon filter and foam filter to provide dual filtration for freshwater.
- 360 design adjustable cap to control the flow of water.
- Quiet operating pump with a 5.5-foot power cord.
14. Plaid Dog Hoodie
Give your dog the gift of fashion with this sporty-looking dog hoodie by Kooltail. Your dog will be stylish and warm wearing this hoodie made of 100% polyester. It is thicker than other dog hoodies on the market and features a leash hole opening on the back.
The ribbed cuffs and hem give this hoodie a snug and comfortable fit, and the soft hood will keep your dog’s ears warm during chilly walks. A kangaroo pocket on the back completes the look as well as doubles as a spot to hold poop bags.
This hoodie is a pull-on style that easily goes on and off, it does not have any tabs or buttons. You really need to measure your dog to get a proper fit as the sizing is a little different than your usual dog’s size. If your dog is in between sizes it is best to order the larger size.
- Sporty looking dog hoodie keeps your dog warm.
- Made of soft 100% polyester.
- Ribbed cuffs and hem provide a snug and comfortable fit.
- Leash hole opening.
- Pull-on style, easy to put on and take off.
- Available in 3 colours.
- Available in 6 sizes.
- Great for all dogs.
15. Personalized Ceramic Dog Bowl
Show your dog how much you love him or her with a personalized bowl for food or water. This ceramic bowl is beautiful and sturdy, and won’t slide around while your dog is drinking or eating. This bowl is a unique gift for your dog with his or her name engraved on the front.
There are 2 sizes available, small and large. Small holds 2 cups and large holds 4 cups. The bowl is made of heavy-duty ceramic and features a clean white glaze in a matte finish. Your dog’s name is permanently engraved on the front and you can choose from 7 different patterns to add to the side.
- Sturdy ceramic customized bowl.
- Available in small 16oz or large 32oz.
- Dishwasher safe and hygienic.
- Clean white glaze in a matte finish.
- Black engraved text personalized with your dog’s name, up to 11 characters.
- 7 Different patterns to choose from to add to the side.
How Do You Choose The Best Christmas Gifts For A Dog?
Dogs are pretty easygoing and pretty much love anything that is new and exciting. Buying a Christmas gift for your own dog should be fun and pretty easy because you know what types of toys your dog prefers over others, and you know what treats your dog likes and doesn’t like.
I’m sure you spoil your dog with toys and treats all year round, so when Christmas comes around you want to get your dog something really special. I hope the above list has inspired you with some great gift ideas for your pooch, but perhaps you are still searching for some great ideas.
Here are some general ideas of what to get your dog this Christmas, [Buying Guide]:
Dogs just like kids love to have new toys to play with. When buying dog toys be sure to determine your dog’s chewing style first. You want to make sure the toys you buy are non-toxic and safe for dogs. Plush toys are ideal for gentle chewers and dogs who like to have cuddle toys. Aggressive chewers need toys that will last.
Interactive and puzzle toys are a great way to keep your dog’s mind stimulated. With these types of toys, your dog will have to think and problem solve. These toys challenge your dog’s mind and help prevent boredom.
Treats and Dental Chews:
Dogs enjoy treats just as much as we do, if not more! Christmas seems to be the one time that we all like to indulge in something special. If you want to give your dog a special treat there are many different dog treats available, and you can even make your own homemade dog cookies.
Keeping your dog’s teeth healthy is so important. If you aren’t regularly brushing your dog’s teeth, or have never brushed them then you really need to take action. There are many different dental chews available to satisfy your dog’s urge to chew, as well as help to clean and promote good oral hygiene.
Rope toys are a great way to clean and floss your dog’s teeth. There are also many hard rubber toys that offer a great chew to your dog. Bully sticks are great as well as nylon bones.
Leashes and Collars:
A new leash and collar may not be on your dog’s wish list this year but there are many to choose from that would make your life easier and that of your dog’s. You could get a fun holiday-themed collar and leash, a new training leash, a harness to prevent your dog from pulling or an LED collar to keep your dog safe during your nighttime walks.
Clothing and Outdoor Gear:
Dogs enjoy being warm and cozy too, and most dogs do not like getting wet in the rain. You could treat your dog to a coat that will keep him warm and dry when it is cold or rainy outside. Dog boots are also a great idea to protect your dog’s paws from the ice and snow and harsh winter chemicals.
If you own a senior dog, you could invest in some doggie socks to help improve their traction inside on slippery floors and stairs.
There are many different sweaters, hoodies, vests and coats for dogs to make them look cute, cool and adorable, but they also serve the purpose of keeping them warm and cozy.
Bedding and Blankets:
There are many dog beds to choose from, and when it comes to buying one for your dog you need to determine your dog’s sleeping style first. Donut beds are great for dogs who like to nest and cuddle when they sleep, bolster beds are great for dogs who like to lay their head on something for support, and beds without any bolsters are great for dogs who like to stretch out.
Many dogs enjoy the warmth and comfort of a nice cozy blanket too. A blanket will also help protect your furniture from dog hair and scratch marks.
There are items available to make your dog’s life more comfortable and enjoyable. Dogs who suffer from separation anxiety or are afraid of loud noises and thunderstorms will benefit from a Thundershirt. Senior dogs who have trouble jumping up into the car or truck will benefit from ramps, or stairs to also help them get up on the couch or bed.
If you live in a warm climate there are various different cooling pads and beds to help keep your dog cool and prevent your dog from overheating. If your dog doesn’t tolerate the cold well, there are warming beds too.
Food and Water Accessories:
Keeping your dog hydrated and healthy should be of utmost importance. Dogs need a sense of security when it comes to being fed. Dogs like to be on a routine schedule and that means knowing when they will get their next meal. It is important for dogs to be fed at the same time every day in order to give them a sense of security.
Sometime’s feeding your dog at the same time each day is not easy. Things happen, you may get home later than normal because you got stuck in traffic, or you had to work late. There are automated feeding dispensers that will make your life easier. You simply fill them with kibble and they dispense a pre-determined amount at a set time.
Giving your dog fresh water during the day is easy with an automated water dispenser or pet drinking fountain. The continuous flow of water helps prevent stagnant water and bacteria from forming. They are designed to keep your dog’s water fresh and clean, and usually come with a variety of filtration systems.
There are also elevated food bowls to help your dog eat and drink more comfortably. Slow-feeding bowls also prevent your dog from gulping his food down too quickly, these types of bowls usually have raised ridges and grooves in a maze-like pattern.
When looking for dog bowls it is best to choose stainless steel or ceramic over plastic. Plastic is not only bad for the environment but plastic bowls tend to harbour bacteria.
All dogs need to be groomed regularly in order to keep them looking and feeling their best. You could get your dog a nice new dog brush or a fresh-smelling shampoo.
There are many different combs and dog brushes to fit the needs of different breeds as well as many different types of shampoos. If your dog suffers from dry skin, a moisturizing dog shampoo with oatmeal is a good choice.
Nothing Beats Love and Affection:
When it comes to the best Christmas gift for dogs nothing beats love and affection! You are number 1 to your dog and all the toys and treats are second best to you! Your dog wants to spend time with you and enjoys your love and affection.
I hope you have enjoyed this list of Christmas gifts for a dog as much as I have in putting it together. There are so many great items to choose from, and I am definitely feeling inspired and hope you are too. Shopping for your dog should be a fun experience.
When buying a gift for your dog you should always choose one that is safe, age-appropriate for your dog, and you should keep your dog’s health status in mind.
Are you wondering if you should let your dog open his own Christmas gift this year? This article from the American Kennel Club will help you decide.
What About You?
Are you buying your dog a gift this Christmas? Which gift item is your favourite? Share your thoughts and comments below. I would love to hear from you.
Latest posts by Jenny (see all)
- 8 Amazing Canine Water Toys Your Dog Will Love - July 6, 2021
- Best Dog Pool For Large Dogs [6 Best Reviewed] - June 22, 2021
- Golden Retriever vs Goldendoodle – Pros and Cons of Each - June 11, 2021